Truly great wines are defined not just by their taste, but by how they fit into, and enrich, our lives. If we love great food and fabulous locations, we want wines to match and combine in order to make the experience even greater. This is where Alsace Riesling excels – offering the elegance of great purity, but also the potential to be right for all occasions.
- Alsace Riesling comes in a variety of styles, but its essence is a zesty, steely freshness combined with the roundness of golden fruit and floral notes.
- Riesling from Alsace will vary from young, dry and almost lemony to richer citrus (grapefruit, pineapple) and, if aged, saline with hints of honey, fennel, jasmine, petrol (but in a good way!) or leather.
- As well as light wines, Alsace Riesling also makes ‘Vendanges Tardives’, which are wines made from late harvested grapes, and ‘Sélection de Grains Nobles’ styles of sweet wines.
- Pair a young Riesling with the freshest seafood to enhance that mineral saltiness, or pick something with some age to match strongly flavoured dishes with lemongrass or citrus components, such as Thai-influenced dishes.
- If the moment is right for wearing that special outfit, for breaking out those accessories you’ve been keeping for ‘just the right moment’, for making that special effort to look and feel good, then this is also the time to choose Alsace Riesling.