For the whole of Social Media Week at Great British Chefs we're delighted to be hosting a competition where anyone can make a meal for Action Against Hunger’s Love Food Give Food Campaign from 13th – 19th February 2012.
Shay Cooper's Amedei Chocolate Tart- Great British Chefs Valentine's Day Collection
It’s Valentine’s Day during that week & we have a whole collection of Valentine’s Day Recipes from our award winning chefs. Your challenge is to host a dinner or supper club using any of the recipes in that collection. You can hold your dinner/supper club anytime during Social Media Week & ask people to make a donation toward Action Against Hunger when attending. Then enter our competition to win a host of culinary prizes.
See what @TastyRibbons aka Kathryn Morrissey is planning for the event - she's making dishes by Paul Heathcote, Marcus Wareing & Robert Thompson.
1. Decide when you want to run your Supper Club / Dinner Party - it has to be from 10th - 19th February 2012
2. Choose some dishes to make from the 60+ Valentine's Day Recipes on our site.
3. Register your event on Action Against Hunger's Love Food Give Food website, so they can help you with fundraising tips & advice.
4. Invite your friends & family, remembering to tell them, they will be asked to make a donation to Action Against Hunger. To make the most out of your fundraising, why not suggest a minimum donation for all your efforts to your dinner guests? You can then either collect donations in cash on the night of your party, or else via your own fundraising page on Just Giving. Other fundraising tips from Action Against Hunger here.
5. Hold your party and take lots of photos & tweet about it (video if possible) - if you are uploading onto Flickr or Tweeting use the hashtags #SMWLDN and #SMWGbchefsFoodBlog
6. Collect the funds from your dinner party & send to Action Against Hunger by 27th February 2012 (unless a special arrangement has been made for you to pay later) You can submit your funds by paying directly into Action Against Hunger's account: Action Against Hunger Ltd, Co-operative Bank, Sort Code 08-92-50, Account No 65027015 - please use the reference Supper Club - or by making donations through your Justgiving Page.
6. Write your blog post no later than 11.59pm on Monday 27th February 2012, then leave a comment below to tell us you have done this with the URL - web address of your post.
That's it - we will then upload all entries that have met the above criteria onto our Great British Chefs Facebook page so the public can vote for their favourite entries. Those with the most votes will go through to a final judging by Award Winning Food Writer & Judge of Great British Menu – Matthew Fort and Observer Food Award Winning Food Blogger & Author - Niamh Shields of EatLikeaGirl
Those overall winners (we'll have a number of categories including most funds raised) will win some amazing culinary prizes including:
Right now here's an inspiring update from @TastyRibbons aka Kathryn Morrissey who has just held her event and raised £250 for Action Against Hunger with her Supper Club. What a great start to the week and she's set the bar high! Let's see what you can do now!
Good luck with your entries, and please contact meccaATgreatbritishchefs.com if you have any queries about the competition in the meantime.